Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Choral score

JuJJuJ Member
edited October 2013 in ScoreCloud 4 / Studio
What is the best way to have ScoreCleaner create a choral score from one I can play on my keyboard?

The piano staff in options is unchecked, but when I start playing 4 part harmony the staff is a piano staff. If I click on the button to split from piano into choral, nothing happens. Perhaps ScoreCleaner thinks it's already in a choral format?

I've also tried starting with one line (treble clef - soprano) and overdubbing each line, but a pop up box only lets me have 3 staffs, not the 4 I need - and sometimes I'll be needing 6-7 staffs. And it's not clear if this way will let me label each part as Soprano, alto etc.

I've read the manual through and can't find the answer yet.

ScoreCleaner is brilliant at converting improvisation to notation - congratulations. I am hoping that it turns out to be just as brilliant helping this choral music arranger.

Thanks
Jane

Comments

• LeifOLeifO Administrator
    Hi Jane!

Great that you like the program :) Our aim is definitely to deliver a great program for choral music arranger, thank you for helping us making it better!

The origin of your problem lies within the number of "main" voices. If you go into Voice mode you'll see how many voices and sub voices you have. What the Split Staff function does it that it separates every "main" voice (just labelled Voice and a number in the side panel) and related sub voices to systems of their own.

What the Split Staff function does NOT do, is to split chords (several notes that belongs to the same voice) into several systems. This is a function that we're working on adding in the program shortly.

You can switch sub voices into main voices by right-clicking on them in the sidepanel, and there numerous other functionalities (in handling voice placement etc.) in the Voice mode that I think you as a choral music arranger would really gain from having a look at. The easiest way of learning about them is watching this video:

I hope this answers your question.

/Leif
    @ the DoReMIR team
  • JuJJuJ Member
    Many thanks for your prompt response. I'll play around with this information this weekend.
    Jane
  • LeifOLeifO Administrator
    You're welcome! A tip, if you want notes to belong to the same voice, try and keep them together so that all voices don't have to much of the same note values. A bit like this: