Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with Twitter

Manual entry

acclivityacclivity Member
edited January 16 in ScoreCloud Studio
I use note by note manual entry a lot. One thing that keeps catching me out: after editing a note, if I then click say on the scroll bar, the last edited note jumps to some random pitch. Easily undone with Ctrl-Z, but annoying. An unrelated small problem: I can't work out how to extend the 2nd ending bracket past one bar, as in this example. The second-time bracket should cover 3 bars. No amount of dragging seems to work in that direction.
jpg
jpg
ScoreCloudEndings.jpg

Comments

• JohanRJohanR Administrator
    Hi!

Oh, that sounds very annoying! I can't reproduce it though. What system are you on, Windows or OSX version?

About the 2nd ending, it is not possible to drag it out, and it generally has no musical meaning unless you have a 3rd ending after it. Since the song continues normally after it, this is the default behaviour in most notation tools. We have tried to minimize custom graphical tools, to not make the program more cluttered. Sorry about that.

/ JohanR, ScoreCloud
    ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist
  • acclivityacclivity Member
    edited January 19
    Thanks Johan, I'm on Windows 7. I'm struggling to reproduce it reliably, except under this circumstance: I'm in manual-entry mode. I click a note in the soprano part and move it up or down to re-pitch it. Then I click on the Alto part, wanting to select that part for editing, but the soprano note gets repitched way down low. It does sometimes happen when I click the scroll bar, but I'm struggling to reproduce that on demand. Another point on manual note-by-note entry, if I may: It would be helpful if each note was played as I manually enter it. Thanks.
  • I am still regularly being hit by the random note movement on clicking on the scroll bar or e.g. on another stave. Yet I still fail to reproduce it reliably. But it sure as heck happens a lot!