Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with Twitter

iOS 7 app iphone. 'Unable to analyze'

NewyorkwilkoNewyorkwilko Member
edited November 2014 in ScoreCloud Express
I get the above message every time I want to use the app. The melody is recorded. Saved. It plays back but will not analyze the recorded melody (using the iphone mic). I've tried different styles of input for example whistling and vocal. Please could you give me a work around for this or tell me if there's a problem that needs looking at?
image.jpg
640 x 960 - 88K

Comments

• JohanRJohanR Administrator
    Dear Newyorkwilko,

Unfortunately a bug seems to have been introduced with the new iOS update. We're working on an update that will be released shortly!

We're terribly sorry about this inconvenience.

/ JohanR
    ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist
  • I'm having the same issue and I have not updated my iOS to the new one yet.
  • JohanRJohanR Administrator
    Hello!

Our iPhone app has gained a lot of positive attention lately, and the quick increase in users temporarily overloaded our servers. We have now resolved that issue, and apologize for the inconvenience.

However, we still have issues related to iOS7, and are working on an update that will be released shortly!

Thank you for your understanding!
    ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist
  • Any closer to a resolution? I bought the iPad app and it's of no use. Waste of money so far.
  • LeifOLeifO Administrator
    Hello!

This message can appear when there is distinctive background noise or talking in your recording, although the mostly it is caused by problems with you internet connection, which can interrupt the transmission of the sound to the cloud. Remember that even talking or traffic is recorded and analyzed. If you use an iPad, position the microphone closer to the sound.

Another reason would be if there is something temporarily wrong with your microphone, although I don't think so since this should be solved by rebooting your phone, which I guess you probably have done the last month.(If you have a permanent problem with your microphone you obviously would have noticed when making a normal phone call)

If none of these descriptions don't fit, we certainly want to have a closer look at the problem you're experiencing, so please let us now.

Best Regards
    Leif @ DoReMIR
  • SvenESvenE Administrator
    To help us understand this problem better please send the following information to support@doremir.com.
    1a. Make a short (approx 10 seconds) vocal recording while your phone is connected using the telephone network (no wifi). Does it work?
    1b. Reanalyze the above recording from the Archive. Does it work?
    2a. Make a short (approx 10 seconds) vocal recording while your phone is connected to wifi. Does it work?
    2b. Reanalyze the above recording from the Archive. Does it work?
    The reason we need this information is that we suspect that some networks restrict streaming audio the way we do it.
    Thanks!
    Sven
  • Was this ever resolved? I have just purchased the app for my iPhone and get this problem when trying to record. I have tried as above and get nothing either way.
  • Sorted
  • LeifOLeifO Administrator
    Hi Jackie,

Is it working? It should as far as we know, we're very happy for any info if it doesn't.

Leif @ DoReMIR