Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with Twitter

Manual Entry, note length errors and note jumping

acclivityacclivity Member
edited March 6 in ScoreCloud Studio
During manual note entry, I frequently get a situation where SC fails to enter the requested note length. First attached picture shows an example. You'll see that a quaver has been selected, I then type "f" expecting a quaver F note, but got a crochet. Yet the quaver selection is still high-lighted. After correcting that note length, I then used the right arrow to move to the 3rd beat of the bar, but as I was unsure exactly where I'd got to, I clicked in the "3" in the 4-beat window as shown by my cursor position in my 2nd attachment. As I clicked on "3", the last note I had edited jumped up to a high "C" as shown. This is one example of erratic mis-positioning of notes experienced in SC studio.
jpg
jpg
ScoreCloudQuaver.jpg
jpg
jpg
ScoreCloudJump.jpg

Comments

• Further to the wrong note length entry, I think I can reliably reproduce similar behaviour by tapping right arrow to move forward to say the 2nd beat of an empty 4-beat bar, then type "4" to select a quaver. A rest of quaver-length is shown to be selected, but when I type "C" expecting to get a quaver "C" note, SC enters a crotchet, yet the quaver selection symbol is highlighted after the note entry.
  • IIllustrations for my last post of 16:40
    jpg
    jpg
    SC-quaver3.jpg
    jpg
    jpg
    SC-quaver2.jpg