Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with Twitter

Audio transcription

micamusicmicamusic Member
edited January 2014 in General
Hi so excited to learn of your app I'm a voice student with with limited theory knowledge. I'm trying to figure out a way to transcribe recordings into sheet music so i can learn the songs in class. I believe their are some programs that can do chord analysis (would love a recommendation if you have a favorite) and I'm wondering if i sing the melody using iphone app and use a separate chord analysis software or app is there a way to add the chords either using the desktop or the app version ?

Comments

• LeifOLeifO Administrator
    Hello!

I would recommend that you use the app to transcribe melodies, and then use our desktop software ScoreCloud Studio after synchronizing your devices to notate chords. In ScoreCloud Studio you can either play a midi keyboard and then get chords notated (notes in a staff) or simply write chord symbols yourself. Automatic chord symbol analysis is a notated feature request!

Leif @ DoReMIR
  • thanks Leif

i don't play the keyboard so that won't work and i'm typically trying to ID the chords from a recording so i don't have that either it there a way to import a chord chart from a musicxml file ? (from something that was exported from say I real B perhaps}
  • LeifOLeifO Administrator
    Hi,

We're working on implementing MusicXML import, but it's not possible yet. We have MusicXML export. At the moment the only import option is Midi files.

Automatic chord symbol analysis is one of our most common feature requests so it's definitely high up on our list. Keep your eyes open!

Leif @ DoReMIR
  • JohanRJohanR Administrator
    It is now possible to import a MIDI file and use the experimental feature "Magic Wand -> Auto Chords" to ID the chords!

/ JohanR, ScoreCloud
    ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist