Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with Twitter

The new 3.0 version transposes the key signature of previous scores.

PaulPaul Member
edited April 2014 in ScoreCloud Studio
Greetings,

When I opened ScoreCloud today a popup window notified me that the latest version of the software is out (3.0 I believe) and could be downloaded. After downloading and installing the new version, I opened up a file I've been working on for a week or two. The music it contains was written in the key of A major. But for some reason ScoreCloud now transposed the notes up a whole step. It left the key signature in A Major but the notes are written a whole step higher, so an A, for example, is now written as a B.

Interestingly enough, when the computer plays the music back, the sound remains unchanged from the original key of composition; only the written notes on the page have been altered. There are also "extra" ledger lines appearing under notes, where no note should have them written (for example, a D at the bottom of the staff in the treble clef wouldn't require a ledger line beneath it, but ScoreCloud has included one there).

I'm attaching the file in question.

This issue notwithstanding, I am so pleased by ScoreCloud. It is such intuitive software, and makes music notation a joy. Thank you!!
scld
scld
Paul's Cadenza 2. CPE Bach.scld

Comments

• SvenESvenE Administrator
    Hi Paul
    This most certainly has to do with a font update in ScoreCloud 3.0.
    The old font hasn't been replaced for some reason.
    To resolve the issue on Mac OS X, please do the the following:
    1. close ScoreCloud
    2. start the application "Font Book" in your Applications folder, look up the Modusnotes font in the list, right click and choose "Remove Modusnotes Family"
    3. start ScoreCloud, which automatically will install the updated Modusnotes font
    Hope this helps and glad you like ScoreCloud :-)
  • PaulPaul Member
    Terrific! All my notes are back in their proper places. Many thanks, Sven!
  • SvenESvenE Administrator
    Great to hear that it worked!