Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with Twitter

Getting cleaner piano transcriptions

I understand that even the best technology will not produce exactly what we play, and
that clean up is necessary.
My question is - Can I get a cleaner transcription of my piano playing? The notes are "right", but the left hand part rides up into the treble clef. With so many ledger lines it is difficult to read.
Suggestions?
Thanks.

Comments

• JohanRJohanR Administrator
    edited April 5
    Hi!

Is this playing MIDI piano into ScoreCloud Studio?

The best tip is to first watch the videos on our YouTube channel, where most concepts are explained.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_8CsYBaFvnCnowVcVjADXbTi2XfpuINn

If the problem is generally with separating the note registers, one tip could be to experiment with playing the left hand one octave lower, and then select and move the whole thing up after input. Otherwise, getting to know the voice editing mode is the best way to understand how and why the notes are placed.

If you want, you could send over an example, right after the analysis, with the song open, choose "Report a bug" from the "Help" menu, and select "music analysis" and describe what notes are wrongly placed. This can help us improve the system!

Hope this helps!
    / JohanR, ScoreCloud
    ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist