Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with Twitter

How do I add dal segno?

wren728wren728 Member
edited August 2014 in ScoreCloud Studio
Hi! I just found this software today and it is wonderful! How do I add a segno and "dal segno" ("D.S."), or a coda and "D.C." to my score?

Comments

• LeifOLeifO Administrator
    Hello!

Unfortunately this is not yet possible, although it will be shortly! Sorry about any inconvenience.

Leif @ DoReMIR
  • JohanRJohanR Administrator
    I recently solved this by selecting a beat and choosing "Add rehearsal mark", and then in the actions window choosing "Other text" and no border. The I write "D.S." or "Coda".

While it doesn't yet play this back, it works for print.

(you could also add "Text Block" for more font options, but it does not then stick to the bar if you change any layout)

Hope this help until we release this functionality! :-)

/ JohanR
    ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist
  • is the "dal segno" function already released?
    Sorry, no it is still missing. It is on the todo list, but it has taken longer than we thought.

We'll try to add it as soon as we can. Until then, I use the method above. You could also find a font that includes the Segno and Coda symbols and use that in Music Text.

/ JohanR, ScoreCloud
  • MarkDEMarkDE Member
    Any news on this? could really do with inserting Coda and D.S. Symbols
    We are currently working on this, and hope that it will be ready for one of the upcoming updates!

/ JohanR, ScoreCloud
  • Hi there! Thanx for an amazing software. Do you know Any fonts with "Coda" symbol? to solve this problem temporary? I found couple of beautiful jazz fonts with "Dal Segno" but nothing with"Coda" sign!! :(
    Hi! Right now there is no way to change the notation font, but this is also something we are working on right now, making ScoreCloud SMuFL compliant, starting with adding the Bravura font in the upcoming version.

/ JohanR, ScoreCloud
  • Hi - new song could really use a D.S., sign and Coda. Any timeline to develop this? Thanks, Jason - Jungle Gym Jam family music.
    Hi! Segno and Coda is available in the program now!

Select an object in the score (note, rest, beat or bar) and click "Add more -> Segno/Coda" in the toolbar.

Thank you for requesting this so that it made it into the program!

/ JohanR, ScoreCloud