Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with Twitter

Recording some songs in the same score

myumyu Member
edited October 2014 in ScoreCloud Studio
Thank for great app. I downloaded ScoreCloud Studio and Express.
I use both of them everyday.
I have one question.
Can I record some songs in the same score on ScoreCloud Studio and Express?
I mean that I want to do the following steps.
1. I record one song in a score.
2. I record another song continued from above song in the same score.

Thank you,
myu

Comments

• JohanRJohanR Administrator
    edited October 2014
    Hi!
    Thank you!

Unfortunately you cannot overdub or extend a song with audio yet. What you can do though, is to record a new song, either in Studio or Express, and copy the entire new song (ctrl-A, ctrl-C) and paste into the first (select the last barline and press ctrl-V) in ScoreCloud Studio. (you might want to make sure they have the same time signature ☺ )

Hope this helps!

/ JohanR, ScoreCloud
    ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist
  • myumyu Member
    Thank you for your reply!
    I recognized your instruction (copy and paste).
    But When I record some song, each song has different tempo.
    Therefore, I have to change and adapt tempo and length of notes.
    Is there the solution for this problem?

Thank you,
    myu
  • JohanRJohanR Administrator
    Having two completely different songs, with different key, time signature and tempo in the same document is not possible right now. Saving them as separate documents is highly recommended.

What you can do is place them in a collection, easiest managed through http://my.scorecloud.com , that way you can easily share the songs toghether!

Hope that helps!
    / JohanR, ScoreCloud
    ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist
  • myumyu Member
    Thank you for your help.
    I sung as same key and same tempo but the song was recorded as different tempo and different timing automatically.
    How can I record some songs as the same tempo and timing?
    What point to sing and record should I do?
  • LeifOLeifO Administrator
    Hello myu!

When using audio input, there is no straight forward way of telling ScoreCloud in advance what time signature and tempo you're playing in. However, of course this can easily be edited afterwards.

Using the Time/Rhytm toolbar button you can edit the general note values and time signature for one song to fit the other. We could guide your in a more specific way if you would share the two songs with us.

When copy/pasting a song into another in ScoreCloud Studio, it doesn't have to have the same tempo, but it needs to have the same time signature (unless you want a time change) and general note values (make sure that all the note values in one of the songs are not half as big or double comparing to the other song)

Please send an email to support@scorecloud.com with my.scorecloud.com links to the two songs and a description of what result you're looking for to receive more specific guidance!

Leif @ ScoreCloud