Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with Twitter

Saving or Printing in Score Cloud

After some pain and tribulation(I'm not a tech kind of guy) I was able to get a song that I sang into Score cloud notated. I played it back and it was close enough for my purposes. I wanted to print the notated music(it was my song), I didn't see where this could be done. When I saved it, it saved to windows media player, I'm not sure I was looking for that? I'm trying to save the notated music so I can play it! I don't play by ear! I have no idea what notes or key these songs I'm writing are in. It was important to me being able to find something that I could sing into and get it notated like this, I'm sure it can be taken further but need some input on how to save or print the notated music. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Robert

Comments

• JohanRJohanR Administrator
    Hi!

This sounds weird, it is not supposed to do that.

So, you have downloaded and installed ScoreCloud Studio and are running it on Windows. Here is how it should look

Printing the song is done from the File menu -> Print, or by pressing Ctrl+P on the computer keyboard.

When you save a song, unless you have a paid plan, the song is saved to your account in the cloud and shown in the left sidebar of the program. There should not be any files and Windows Media Player should not be involved..

Perhaps you exported to MIDI and opened that file in Media Player? MIDI is a playback format for music, and it only contains the playback and not the sheet music.

Hope this helps!
    / JohanR, ScoreCloud
    ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist
  • That's how it looks, it's been installed for quite some time! I don't have the paid plan, I'm poor! I don't recall print even being an option, as that's what I was wanting to do! So in effort to save it( already lost a couple, I have backups though)I went to the file menu and attempted to save there. The one that went to media player, I think I pressed export in file menu, it seemed like I might've seen something indicating that in the right side bar. I think I explained what I'm trying to do? I'm basically trying to use Scorecloud to help with my musical shortcomings. The songs I'm writing are dictated by the lyrics, I'm hoping by singing them into Scorecloud I get a score which would help me set the song to music. I can read music painfully slow, This was the best way I saw to do that, if I'm making any sense, am I on the right track here? I've rounded up most of the tutorials I can find on it and there isn't a lot on what I'm trying to do. It took some time to get it to notate for me, so now that it is, I would love to be able to print it or save it to a format where I might could send it to someone to be able to play. If I'm making any sense please let me know, that's the best I can describe my intentions. I'm digitally dumb, so it could be user error all the way on my part, or it would be nice if someone said "no you can't do that!" but I think I can and I think this is the program to do it with! Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Robert
  • JohanRJohanR Administrator
    Hi!

There should definitely be a "Print" under the file menu. Please update the program to the latest version by going to the "Help" menu and select "Check for updates".

If you open the song in ScoreCloud Studio, you can also press the little "My ScoreCloud" button in the bottom right. That will take you to your song on your cloud account on the web. From there you can also print it using the grey print icon in the bottom right, or email the link to the song with the email icon next to it!

Hope this helps!
    JohanR, ScoreCloud
    ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist
  • Thank You very much Johan, I'm hoping this gets me back on track! I really do appreciate your time in answering my questions. Thanks! Robert