Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with Twitter

Analyzes recorded input into wrong clef

hello. I am using ScoreCloud for the first time. I have just tried creating a score by recording. I am playing an oud - middle eastern lute. The created score is in the Bass clef, but it should be in the Treble clef as all the pitches I am playing are above middle C. How can I change the clef to treble clef so the printed score is correct?

Comments

• JohanRJohanR Administrator
    Hi!

You can change the clef by double clicking it in the score!

Hope this helps!
    / JohanR, ScoreCloud
    ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist
  • maraqmaraq Member
    edited February 14
    I realize that my original post was unclear. Clicking on the clef will change the clef, but the the pitches will be written an octave below their true pitch. How do I get the pitches to show in the correct pitch in the treble clef?
  • JohanRJohanR Administrator
    edited February 20
    Alright.

You can move all notes by pressing ctrl+a to select all, or by clicking to the left of the clef to select a single part, and using the up/down arrows. Pressing ctrl+↑ (arrow up) will move them a whole octave at once.

Another way to move all notes is by clicking the the "transpose" button in the toolbar and using the "Move the notes (without changing the key)" tool.

If you think the analysis has made a mistake when placing them in that octave, we'd love to take a look at an example! Make an audio recording where this happens and after the analysis is done, go to "Help -> Report a bug" and describe the problem. Or share a song with us via email to support@scorecloud.com . This should send us the program logs we need to investigate!

Hope this helps!
    / JohanR, ScoreCloud
    ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist