Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with Twitter

Multiple user editing?

sylvainsylvain Member
edited November 2014 in ScoreCloud Studio
Hello,

I'd love to be able to use ScoreCloud for my band.
Is it possible that multiple users can edit one score file?
Or is it a functionality that will appear after the beta phase?

Thank you

sylvain

Comments

• LeifOLeifO Administrator
    Hello Sylvain!

I want that too :-)

At the moment it is not possible. However, you can obviously share a song with them, and they can clone it to edit a version of their own. Cloning is done by expanding "Actions" in the panel to the right when in the song (using your my.scorecloud account).

Leif@ScoreCloud
  • Hi,

happy to read that you want that too!
    Thanks for the prompt reply.
    We'll go for the cloning solution for now.

sylvain
  • So what are collections and groups for then? Collections even ask if the invited person can edit or just view.
  • JohanRJohanR Administrator
    edited November 2014
    Hi!

If you create a collection and share it with another user, giving them the "can edit" permission, they will get a notification about it. If they bookmark the collection it will show up in their collection list in the menu. That user can then drag songs into the collection, and remove songs from the collection, the same as you.

They cannot change permissions or add new users to that collection, nor change the collection name, though.

If you add several users to a group, you can then share songs and collections to the group instead of adding all users individually.

(note that the songs in a collections might not have the same sharing settings as the collection they are in (because a song can be in multiple collections), you can copy down the collection settings of the collection to all songs in it, this will overwrite all previous permission the songs had)

These are features we're working on making much better, but it is already pretty useful for band and class situations!

Multiple users editing the same song file is also on the todo list!

/ JohanR, ScoreCloud
    ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist