Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

M-AUDIO USB Keyboard Works on April 2011 Mac But Not Apple MacBook Pro 2016 TouchBar

I'm a new Pro subscriber to ScoreCloud. I'm attempting to record a short musical segment via my M-AUDIO USB keyboard. Hearing sound output while recording, then analyzing on my April 2011 Apple MacBook Pro works flawlessly. I am plugging my USB cable directly into the side of my April 2011 Apple MacBook Pro.

When attempting the same workflow on my Apple MacBook Pro 2016 TouchBar I cannot plug the M-AUDIO USB keyboard into the side of the newer Mac because there are no USB inputs, only Thunderbolt 3 ports. I have successfully used many USB connectors on an external Belkin 4-USB port device that plugs into one of the Thunderbolt 3 ports, which is on the side of my newer Mac. I've never had a USB connectivity problem with the Belkin, until today.

After opening the preferences on both Macs, the Audio/MIDI settings are as follows:

Older Mac that allows me to record:

Audio Input - System Default
Audio Output - System Default
MIDI Input - All
MIDI Playback - Audio Output
Midi Echo - Same as Playback
Status - Green light

Newer Mac that does not allow me to record:

Audio Input - System Default
Audio Output - System Default
MIDI Input - All
MIDI Playback - Audio Output
Midi Echo - Same as Playback
Status - Red light

NOTE: "Audio Input" text is in Red
NOTE: While attempting to set to MIDI Input to "All", I received a popup window that said, "Could not start the audio engine. The TCP port 7770 is occupied

Any assistance would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Tony

Comments

• LeifOLeifO Administrator
    Hello Tony, I think you had a reply from support, but for now, can you select the 'option try another port'?
  • TonyVTTonyVT Member
    Hi, yes, I did receive a reply from support. I'm away on a business trip. I'll be able to check the port option when I get home. Thank you!
  • TonyVTTonyVT Member
    I submitted an extensive reply with screen shots of my Audio/MIDI preferences panel to LeifO via email. I'm not aware of how to include the log files. Any advice on submitting log files would be most appreciated.

Also, the "The TCP port 7770 is occupied" message as seen in a popup window, seems to be evident in other forum posts. Maybe that should be investigated further
    Thank you,
    Tony
  • TonyVTTonyVT Member
    Is anyone aware of a resolution to a somewhat consistent problem as noted in the forum regarding, "TCP port 7770 is occupied", which is the problem I'm experiancing?