Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with Twitter

Transposing a track

cowasakicowasaki Member
edited December 2014 in ScoreCloud 4 / Studio
Is it possible to change the key of a song? I've just created a song containing just 4 C notes in the key of C and couldn't find an option to convert it to A with 4 A notes - Basically I'm looking at being able to shift the pitch of songs between the violin, viola and cello. Other than that this software does everything I need from a music program so if I can work this bit out I will be over the moon.....

Comments

• Fantastic, just found out how to do it. I tried searching for "transpose" in the help but it didn't find it. The song I want to transpose is actually more than 4 notes :-)
  • JohanRJohanR Administrator
    Great that you managed to do it!

The usual way to transpose a song would be using the Transpose button in the toolbar.

/ JohanR, ScoreCloud
    ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist
  • I hadn't noticed the button until after I posted the question :-) I'd like to create a few duets from pieces where I only have either a violin or cello part. It will allow me to create the other part then once I have that we can make a few minor adjustments for each instrument. Is there a way to create a second track from the first automatically?
  • How would I transpose the entire track down an octave (or 2) and in doing so change the clef to a bass clef?
    You can change the clef by double clicking it and selecting the bass clef. To move the notes select a staff or a region (or select everyting with crtl+A) and press ctrl+↓ (arrow down).

I do both these operation in this video :-)

• Fantastic, that has done it.
  • Slight problem on the Mac, CTRL + Down arrow makes the currently selected window highlighted so doesn't pass the key commands to the program so CTRL + Down becomes 7xdown...... But working great.
    edited December 2014
    Oh sorry, that would be ⌘+↓ on the mac (CMD+arrow down) on the mac.
  • Brilliant. This is a fantastic piece of software. This is just what I have been looking for. It's taken a bit of getting used to putting the notes onto the stave but I'm getting there now. There are just a few tiny little bits where I have asked questions about such as putting in fingering but all the major bits are working for me.