Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with Twitter

Editing in Express

corychildscorychilds Member
edited December 2014 in ScoreCloud Express
I am having difficulty understanding how to edit parts while in Express. I can't alter the pitch or duration of notes. Am I missing something or is this just a feature that hasn't been developed yet? This program will be the most perfect beautiful thing ever if I can use it to compose from my phone.

Comments

• I figured out how to change the pitch, in Edit mode, select the Notes button at the bottom, then select the note you want to change, then use the two buttons on the left to go up and down chromatically.

I just can't figure out how to change a note duration, or split a 1/4 note into two 1/8 notes. All i can do is delete a note to create a rest. Or delete a rest to increase the value of the other notes in the measure.

Anyone else have better luck editing in the iPad Express version?
  • JohanRJohanR Administrator
    edited March 2015
    Hi!

This is how you edit notes in ScoreCloud Express.

Press the "Edit" button on your song, and then the "Notes" button. Here you make your edits, and then press the "Done" button to apply your edits.

Note pitch

Select a note by tapping it, then tap the note up or note down buttons in the bottom left.

Note timing

Select a note by tapping it, then tap the note right or note left buttons in the buttom right.

Note duration

The note duration cannot be directly set.

To extend the duration of a note, remove the rest after it and the note will extend. If there is a note there, tap the note, then the remove button twice and an X will appear. Press done. The note will now be removed and the note before extend to fill it's space.

To shorten a note, tap it and press the split button. Press done to apply, and go back in to note edit. Tap the second split note and press the remove button once and a rest will appear. Press done. The note will now be removed and a rest will be inserted to fill it's space.

More advanced note editing

More advanced note editing is currently not possible in the app. Log in to the same account from ScoreCloud Studio and you'll get instant access to your songs, and all the editing features on your PC or Mac.

Hope this helps!
    / JohanR, ScoreCloud
    edit2.png
    640 x 1136 - 149K
    edit-notes2.PNG
    640 x 1136 - 100K
    ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist