Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with Twitter

Adding chord text to a score.

acclivityacclivity Member
edited January 2015 in ScoreCloud 4 / Studio
Firstly, thank you for this amazing software I have just started to use, and am enjoying very much. OK, it crashes a bit, but fortunately remembers my latest edits on re-starting. I am having difficulty adding text chords to my score. After using "C" to start this facility, I see the grey boxes and I can enter the chords for line 1 fine, but whenever I click on a grey chord entry box on line 2 or a subsequent line of my music, all the grey boxes disappear and I can't type in a chord. I'm using the latest version of SC on a PC with Windows 7.

Comments

• JohanRJohanR Administrator
    Hi!

There seems to be an issue on Windows where the gray area does not align with the "hitbox" where the click is registered. If you try to move the mouse pointer around the gray box until the Cursor turns into a text input icon, can you find the input box that way?

Thank you for reporting this issue. we'll take look at why it happens!

/ JohanR, ScoreCloud
    ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist
  • Thanks. I've found I can continue onto the next line for entering chords, by using space-bar to tap through to the desired position. I had expected to be able to use right-arrow, but space-bar is OK. ScoreCloud is such a boon!! I can see myself spending many happy weeks getting 35 years of compositions documented, filed and printed properly at last! It's such an improvement over various software packages I struggled with during a Music Technology course a few years ago.
    Thank you for the kind words!

Yes, you could use space bar, or TAB (shift-TAB goes back) to step through. I'll pass on the suggestion to also use the arrow keys for this!

/ JohanR, ScoreCloud
  • How do I write flat chords (E-flat, B-flat, etc.)? I've tried everything.
  • Never mind, I just figured it out! :-)
    Nice!

For reference, those would be "Eb" and "Bb" :-)

/ JohanR, ScoreCloud