Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with Twitter

Feature Request: Regarding Text Block

PaulPaul Member
edited January 2015 in ScoreCloud 4 / Studio
When I'm on the first page of a score and open a text block it usually appears in the second line of music. But if I'm on a different page in the score, sometimes the text block appears randomly on another page, and sometimes it doesn't seem to appear at all. You have to really hunt around to try to find what page the text block landed on. Of course I may be doing something wrong! But what I usually do when I need text is first to go back to page one, open a text block, and manually drag the text block through each page until I get to where it's needed.

It would be great if there was a way to target where we'd like the text to appear! For instance, if you could select a particular measure and then press the text button and have the box appear at that selected measure, that would be great! You may have that feature (or something similar) in place right now and I just haven't figured it out yet!

One other thought about text blocks: When text is added to a score and then the score is revised and sections are cut and pasted, the text blocks don't follow the places where you first put them; they're not anchored to the measures they were meant to modify. Is there a way to attach the text to where it's needed in the music? Thanks again for your thoughts!

Comments

• JohanRJohanR Administrator
    Ugh, that Text Block placement thing sounds super annoying, we'll revise that!

We have quite recently added the "Music Text" alternative. While the Text Block is attached to a position on the page, the Music Text attaches to the music, and will reposition when the music is revised!

Just select a music symbol, beat or measure and choose Add more->Music Text!

Hope this helps!

/ JohanR, ScoreCloud
    ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist
  • Oh that sounds great! Thanks for letting me know about the Music Text Alternative - and thanks in advance for revising the text block. You guys are awesome!