Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with Twitter

A few More Feature Requests :-)

PaulPaul Member
edited February 2015 in ScoreCloud Studio
Thanks for listening to our suggestions! Here are a few more requests:

1) I would love if ScoreCloud included the option of using the symbol for a broken chord - both for shorter chords within a single staff and for larger chords that stretch between two staffs of a grand staff.

2) Also, it would be wonderful to be able to use the traditional 8va - - - - symbol (ottava alta sign) to raise notes an octave, instead of having to change the clef every time. Please don't misunderstand, I love the various clef change options you already include! But sometimes having to change the clef becomes awkward, especially if you're just trying to raise only one or two notes, since you need to first change the clef to accommodate that note, then change the clef back again to return to the original register. A simple 8va over the note is shorter and less confusing than the two clef symbol changes required otherwise. (I think it's also easier for a performer to spot an 8va symbol than a clef change; it's kind of like a big billboard that you can't miss on the highway, especially if you're traveling quickly. ;-)

If you do include the 8va symbol in a future update, I hope you'll also consider including the sister symbols: 8vb (octave lower), 15 ma (2 octaves up) and 15mb (2 octaves down). Thanks so much again for considering my request!

Paul in NY

Comments

• JohanRJohanR Administrator
    Hi! :-)

This is great, thanks!

1) I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Are you refering to the arpeggio "vertical wavy line" next symbol to the notes?

2) Yes, I actually needed this myself the other day, and I believe I sent it along to the developers. But the alternatives you mention are good to have in mind!

I'll make sure both these requests make it to the todo list, and hope to see them in an update before too long!

/ JohanR, ScoreCloud
    ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist
  • Hi JohanR!

Wow I'm so happy you're taking my suggestions seriously - Thank you!!! I already am crazy in love with this software, but it's so nice that you really consider our input -- when I logged on tonight and found your replies, it felt like I won the lottery lol! :-D

Yes, what I was thinking about with the first feature request was that vertical squiggly line that appears just in front of a chord you want to arpeggiate. I've been imaging how great it would be to highlight a chord, click on an icon and presto - the broken chord symbol appears! :-) Again, if it's possible, it would be beyond awesome to be able to do that not only for a chord within a single staff, but for a really large chord spanning both staffs in a grand staff. Thanks again & have a great night! (or I guess it's morning over there ;-)
    Take care!

Paul in NY