Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with Twitter

HOw can I choose starting beat?

baldgytbaldgyt Member
edited March 2015 in ScoreCloud 4 / Studio
I recorded a piece with midi. A couple of times, analyse rightly added some rests and made the first recorded note appear 3 quavers before the start of a bar. But most of the times I record it these notes are assigned to the 1st bear. How can I move the beat. It won't let add rests and if I try to move the bar the duration of everything is screwed up.

I just want to say that this note is on beat 2.5. I have tried turning on non-metrical which I though might be it.

What i need to be able to is edit a bar without Scorecloud trying to correct it for me - i .e .not changing durations, making notes into triplets or adding rests in the wrong place. Then hen I have done i want to say "go" and let the software adjust only if it thinks my measure is invalid.

Comments

• JohanRJohanR Administrator
    Hi!

If the problem is that the analysis interprets the whole song to starts on a wrong beat, you can move the entire piece using the "Pickup" tool in the toolbar.

If you want to move notes within a measure, you can move the note start point by dragging the note horizontally, or move the note end point by holding alt and dragging the note horizontaly. You can also select the note, a beat or a region and Cut with ctrl-X (⌘-X on mac) and paste it in the right position.

Also, take a look at the "Manual Mode" where you can insert notes manually.

Hope this helps!
    / JohanR
    ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist