Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with Twitter

Windows XP

JohanRJohanR Administrator
edited March 2015 in ScoreCloud Studio
This discussion was created from comments split from: Errors on startup.
ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist

Comments

• song_signalsong_signal Member
    edited March 2015
    Hi -- many thanks -- I'm actually using Microsoft Windows XP. Can you advise me on how to make these changes in that system?
    I'm afraid the (2nd) cheapo mic I bought to test ScoreCloud may not be working, at any rate it failed the recording test I found in Sounds & Audio Devices in my Control Panel. But I'm also not seeing adjustments I can make similar to those you describe when I DO get a working mic.
    Sigma Tel C-Major is apparently the default, and only device recognized for both mic and speaker on this machine, and the mic I picked up has no installation requirement, it's supposed to be plug'n'play...
    I appreciate your help!
  • JohanRJohanR Administrator
    edited January 2015
    Hi!

A description of how to change this on Windows and Mac is added to the FAQ on the support page:

http://scorecloud.com/support/#sample-rate

Hope this helps!

/ JohanR, ScoreCloud
  • Sorry Johan, it doesn't help me -- I'm using Microsoft Windows XP. When I right-click on the speaker icon, my only options are Volume Control and Adjust Audio Properties. The latter doesn't seem to offer the options you describe.
    Thanks for the effort, but, what next?
    edited January 2015
    Oh. I don't have access to Windows XP, and since it is officially discontinued by Microsoft since April last year it's a little bit hard to get reliable info on how to do this.. Windows XP is also not officially supported by ScoreCloud Studio, so there is no guarantee that it can work on your system.

That said: From what I've found googling images like these, you should be able to open your sound settings through the control panel. Choose the Audio tab and there access your sound devices. Sample rate could be available from the Advanced button below the device selection.

/ JohanR
    sounds-and-audio-devices-properties.gif
    367 x 455 - 33K
  • Ouch. Bummer. Yes, I see the windows you're referring to, but cannot access the Advanced button. I only have the one "device" installed (Sigma Tel) and this plug'n'play mic shouldn't need installation. I am stuck.
    Anyone else have any ideas, please? I'm not ready for a system "upgrade."
    Many thanks, guys...
  • Thxs, I had the same error and it was in fact the different sample rates!
  • I installed on XP but on opening there was an error message re: audio device. I closed the error message and now ScoreCloud won't start at all. The ScoreCloud.exe process self-terminates. I also installed in on a Vista machine, and on IOSX. I'd really like to get it running on XP if possible.
  • It now starts in my browser (Chrome.) I wasn't expecting that. No playback though. Don't know what to put in the Midi boxes in Preferences. Just working with Virtual Piano for now, need to set up guitar usb and microphones. (There is no "Application/Tools" - just File/Preferences.) Experimenting, I was able to open a file I'd saved from my Mac. But the main window was mostly black, until I tried closing it, and now I can't get it back - the whole app disappeared except for Virtual Piano. Process Explorer says SC is running, but it's not in either systray or bottom toolbar, and reclicking the SC icon doesn't bring back any windows. I'm afraid to kill the process, would like to close properly.
    Hi!

Unfortunately we can't help you on XP since we have no XP test machines and have no support for it generally. XP uses some ancient technology, if you can make it run, that's great, bu my guess is that XP lacks the features needed for ScoreCloud to operate normally.

/ JohanR