Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with Twitter

Ties and syncopation!

Hi,
I'm struggling to tie notes together/go across beats on manual input or to alter stuff that's gone in wrong in listener, how do you do It? If the programme doesn't recognise what you're doing as a syncopation/across a beat there seems to be no way to alter it? Tried the tie function, doesn't seem to do anything?

Comments

• HadrianHadrian Member
    same result for me in both input modes. also a little bit annoying that you can't input slurs with S in manual mode.
    macbook pro | apollo quad tb | SC pro |
    royal college of music sthlm
  • JohanRJohanR Administrator
    edited May 2015
    Hi! I'm not completely sure what you mean, but the way to tie a note across a barline, or to extend any note, is to delete the note, and the rest, after it. If you delete a rest the note before it will fill it's space, so if the rest is on a first beat, the last note of the previous measure will span across the barline.

Another way to do this is, if you have two notes of the same pitch, is to add a slur, then convert the slur to a tie in the right click menu.

'S' to add slurs not working in manual input sound like an oversight on our part, I'll look into adding that!

Hope this helps!
    / JohanR, ScoreCloud
    ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist
  • HadrianHadrian Member
    Thanks. The right click - "Tie Keep/Together" when note is selected and "Convert to Tie" when slur is selected is where similar names, and a bit confusing.
    macbook pro | apollo quad tb | SC pro |
    royal college of music sthlm