Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with Twitter

I need sheet music...

MyraMyra Member
...for my all time favorite piano solo. It is not available as of now. Here is my question about using ScoreCloud...all I can do is play the piece from a CD I have. How do I use ScoreCloud to "listen" to a CD and then produce the sheet music? I don't have a smart phone, I don't use Apple products, etc. All I can do is play the CD. How does that work with ScoreCloud?

• JohanRJohanR Administrator
    This is something that we obviously would want to work, and are working towards, but it will currently not work in ScoreCloud. The only input as for now is microphone or MIDI-instruments. Not CD or imported audio files.

Even though you could hold a microphone up to the CD-player, the current audio analysis is monophonic, meaning it can only hear one note at a time. So the results from a piano, where several notes are usually played at once, would probably not be correct.

Feel free to try though. If the recording has enough single notes, you might get at least a starting point to start from when writing the score!

Hope this helps!
    / JohanR, ScoreCloud
    ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist