Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with Twitter

MIDI import skips notes

Hey, i just started to use this nice software, and love it but i now have a problem with importing MIDI. The preview window plays my MIDI file like i wrote it, but when ScoreCloud imports in, the result is a lot different.
See the video:

and the .mid file attached.

My note reading skills are very limited, or more like ... i cant read them at all, and thats the main reason i started to use this software, but i can HEAR the difference, and i can tell that the original MIDI has more notes than the imported.
So, how do i fix this, or what am i doing wrong?
mid
mid
Katjusha BASS.mid

Comments

• JohanRJohanR Administrator
    edited May 2015
    Hi, and welcome!

When importing MIDI to a song in ScoreCloud, the engine applies some music logic to it. This is because many MIDI files found on the internet is rather messy with timings and pitch. In your case this changes some of your intentions, witch is unfortunate.

We'll take a look at your MIDI file and see what's going on!

In the meantime, you can try importing the file to the listener, by choosing "Import to: Listener" in the MIDI import dialog.

If you select the first part of you song and analyze you will get all the notes, but the analysis here will straighten out the shuffle feeling.

From here you can choose C-minor (or whatever you like) from the "Transpose" button in the toolbar.

If you want your triplets back, select a beat and choose "Rhythm -> 3-division" in the Actions Panel like in these screenshots.

Hope this helps!
    / JohanR, ScoreCloud
    PNG
    PNG
    MIDI-to-listener.PNG
    png
    png
    3-division.png
    ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist
  • Hey JohanR ... and WOW, thanks! that helped!!! I did exactly as you said and that did the job. :D
    I though the "Listener" was only for listening MIDI files or something.
    Anyway, now i can continue with my project. :) This is great software!
  • JohanRJohanR Administrator
    Great!

The listener is mainly used for playing into from a MIDI instrument or Audio, but importing MIDI into the listener is useful if you have saved files of yourself playing, or in cases like this :-)

/ JohanR, ScoreCloud
    ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist
  • I see. I Will use it more in future now that i know what it is for. Thanks again :)