Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with Twitter

Alt + Drag Not Changing Note Duration

Hi there,

New to Scorecloud and liking it a lot but having trouble with changing note durations as this tutorial video displays at 4:10:

According to this video, alt + horizontal dragging (left/right) will change note length just as alt + vertical dragging (up/down) changes the accidental. I can change accidentals easily but nothing happens with I drag left/right on a note.

I know I'm probably doing something wrong! Just would love to not get tendonitis in my arm trying to figure out what if anybody already knows!

Another random/related question. Is there a way to change the default in Scorecloud which forces me to always stay locked into my time signature? I ask because it is nice to try out note length options without moving the whole score out of sync/place.

Thanks dearly for any suggestions,

K

Comments

• JohanRJohanR Administrator
    Hi!

Yes, getting the horizontal dragging right is a little bit finicky, we're looking at how we could make it more intuitive.

The problem with alt-dragging to change note length could be related to your other problem, you can't make a note longer if it's followed by another note, it can only extend over rests.

Also, with alt-dragging, the default step size is a quarter of a beat, (you'll see a little "1/16" below in 4/4), so you can't make it shorter than that (a 16th note in 4/4). You can change the step size if you press for example the 8 key while dragging to get a eighth of the beat ("1/32" in 4/4).

The "locked in time signature" question is a big thing that most computer notation software struggle with. We are thinking about ways to accomplish this, but it is hard for the computer to allow "invalid" bars. But we think we can solve it!

Hope this helps!
    / JohanR, ScoreCloud
    ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist