Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with Twitter

ScoreCloud not recognizing usb mic or keyboard

This is my first time using ScoreCloud. I have an xlr-to-usb interface (for a microphone and a Korg keyboard), which works fine with GarageBand, but nothing is happening when I try to record using ScoreCloud. I'm using an iMac, OS 10.10.5. I set the ScoreCloud audio preferences to:
Audio Input: Core Audio USB Audio CODEC
Audio Output: System Default
Listener Output: Audio Output
I've also made the appropriate changes to the computer's Audio settings (Input: USB Audio CODEC), and have been playing single notes (eighth notes, in the octave above middle C, so far), at 126 bpm
Thanks.

Comments

• JohanRJohanR Administrator
    Hi!

Thank you for reporting this!

If the computer has a built in microphone, could you see if you get any input from that?

We'd very much like to take a look at your log files! If you could send the ScoreCloud.log and faudio.log files to support@scorecloud.com and we can have a closer look!

To find the log files (ScoreCloud.log and faudio.log) on Mac OS X:
    Press cmd-shift-g ( ⌘-⇧-G) in Finder and paste ~/Library/Containers/com.doremir.scorecloud/Data/Library/Logs

Thank you for your patience!
    / JohanR, ScoreCloud
    ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist
  • Thank you, JohanR, I'll get on it in a few hours, when I'm free.
  • Okay, ScoreCloud *does* recognize the built-in mic. And this time, I opened the Audio MIDI Setup (sorry, I didn't think that this step was necessary the first time I tried to record), made the appropriate changes, and things seem to be working fine, now. Thanks again for your help, JohanR
  • JohanRJohanR Administrator
    No problem!

It should not generally be necessary to change the Audio/MIDI Setup the first time, but sometimes with external cards, it's hard for the program to know what defaults to choose.

Great that you could solve it!
    / JohanR, ScoreCloud
    ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist
  • Thanks again for your help.