Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ScoreCloud not recognizing usb mic or keyboard

This is my first time using ScoreCloud. I have an xlr-to-usb interface (for a microphone and a Korg keyboard), which works fine with GarageBand, but nothing is happening when I try to record using ScoreCloud. I'm using an iMac, OS 10.10.5. I set the ScoreCloud audio preferences to:
Audio Input: Core Audio USB Audio CODEC
Audio Output: System Default
Listener Output: Audio Output
I've also made the appropriate changes to the computer's Audio settings (Input: USB Audio CODEC), and have been playing single notes (eighth notes, in the octave above middle C, so far), at 126 bpm
Thanks.

Comments

• JohanRJohanR Administrator
    Hi!

Thank you for reporting this!

If the computer has a built in microphone, could you see if you get any input from that?

We'd very much like to take a look at your log files! If you could send the ScoreCloud.log and faudio.log files to support@scorecloud.com and we can have a closer look!

To find the log files (ScoreCloud.log and faudio.log) on Mac OS X:
    Press cmd-shift-g ( ⌘-⇧-G) in Finder and paste ~/Library/Containers/com.doremir.scorecloud/Data/Library/Logs

Thank you for your patience!
    / JohanR, ScoreCloud
    ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist
  • Thank you, JohanR, I'll get on it in a few hours, when I'm free.
  • Okay, ScoreCloud *does* recognize the built-in mic. And this time, I opened the Audio MIDI Setup (sorry, I didn't think that this step was necessary the first time I tried to record), made the appropriate changes, and things seem to be working fine, now. Thanks again for your help, JohanR
  • JohanRJohanR Administrator
    No problem!

It should not generally be necessary to change the Audio/MIDI Setup the first time, but sometimes with external cards, it's hard for the program to know what defaults to choose.

Great that you could solve it!
    / JohanR, ScoreCloud
    ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist
  • Thanks again for your help.