Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with Twitter

scorecloud

Hi.

I was using scorecloud for two-three years, since it was not a cloud. Now, everything is a cloud. I have paid 99€ to have a fully functional software. Now you force a fully paid user to use your "service" (why cloud, why why??) and have to get rid of watermarks, number of songs etc I NEED TO PAY EXTRA. That is robbery. I don't need that. Please, allow user using the previous software. Thank you.

Comments

• JohanRJohanR Administrator
    edited September 2015
    Hello!

ScoreCloud, as well as the previous software ScoreCleaner, relies heavily on our servers in the cloud, therefore "cloud".

We know there are different opinions about subscription services, but the ability to always provide the latest updates to all our users instantly, instead of releasing a completely new version with a new fixed price every couple of years, makes sense to us. The fact is also that the average total price paid by users is generally lower with subscriptions, because you only pay when you use it, and we therefore think this decision is the best one for the majority of the users and for us.

This model is what many companies are moving towards, including Adobe Photoshop and other music tools, like ProTools and Sibelius.

That said, we do have a upgrade program for original ScoreCleaner licensees. You can use your ScoreCleaner License Code as a free voucher for ScoreCloud. Here's how!

Hope this clears things up a little!

Regards
    / JohanR, ScoreCloud
    ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist
  • I want to use ScoreCleaner locally. I don't need a cloud. Saying that I can use it as a voucher doesn't help, and it is not fair = I have bought a program that I can run locally, I don't want to spend it out as a voucher.

Please read your License Agreement for ScoreCleaner. There is no mention of cloud version and using money for the future spending. You have provided it "as is" and you break your License Agreement.

Can you provide me a link to download the latest version of ScoreCleaner?

I understand your idea, but saying that Adobe and Avid do the same doesn't help either. I can still use Sibelius 7 offline.
    Hi!

There are no new versions of ScoreCleaner, and we do not provide downloads of it anymore. The license agreement for ScoreCleaner still stands, and you can still use the version of the program that you paid for and got "as is", but it will not connect to our servers and there are no updates available, since the development has been discontinued.

Regards
    / JohanR, ScoreCloud
  • I think that this is why this company should be avoided. Adobe/Avid never quit my paid installed software. I can still install and use Sibelius 3 or PT 5.

You have removed the licensing server, and now, since I have re-installed my machine, I cannot install my paid license. I would never never use cloud. Your motivation to use cloud is pure economical, I have never met a person that liked Avid's or Adobe's decision. People leave "could programs" since YOU HAVE TOTAL CONTROL OVER OUR FILES AND SOFTWARE. You can delete files, analyze it, terminate function, terminate license, etc. It is bad.

You have already terminated the valid licensing from your side and that is why this company should not be approached anymore.
    Saying that I can use my license of 99€ as a free voucher is saying that my moneys i free? It is not FREE voucher, I have paid once one fee for one functional software as it was advertised.

Since I do live in Stockholm I will proceed with the legal actions (Konsumentverket anmälan; Reklamationsnämnden; tvist). You simply stole the licensees' money, since I ant to own software for 99€, not to use it. Can you imagine that IKEA implement a defect in the furniture, making it fully non-functional until you pay a subscription?

The License Agreement (ScoreCleaner):
    2.1 DoReMIR hereby grants Licensee a non-exclusive, limited license to use the Software on its device(s) in accordance with the number of licenses acquired.
    AND
    4.1 DoReMIR may provide updates to the Software, such as ”hot fixes” and ”service packs” of the Software. The terms of this License Agreement shall apply to the updates.
    AND
    5.3 DoReMIR’s obligations to pay damages under this License Agreement are limited to the paid license fee or replacement of the Software.
    AND
    7.1 Licensee’s rights under this License Agreement are subject to Licensee’s payment of the license fee for the Software, as offered by DoReMIR.
    AND
    9.1 This License Agreement is effective upon the installation of the Software. It will terminate automatically if Licensee fails to comply with any of its terms or conditions.

Bästa hälsningar
    Hello again,

This might be a misunderstanding. We have not terminated the licensing. The licensing server is a separate system from the cloud, and it is still running. You should be able to use any available offline functionality in your copy of ScoreCleaner.

If you have problems registering your license key in ScoreCleaner, this is probably due to an upgrade to the operating system, changing permissions to system library folders, where the license key is written.

On Mac OS X, check if you have a folder called ~/Library/Preferences/ScoreCleaner and if you do, remove it completely. This will allow the Software to create a new one, with the correct permissions, when you enter your ScoreCleaner License Key.

Feel free to contact support@doremir.com if you need further instructions on getting your license key to work.

Regards
    / JohanR, ScoreCloud