Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with Twitter

MIDI note played is scored differently in ScoreCloud

Hello, I just downloaded ScoreCard yesterday and was successfully in connecting to my MIDI keyboard and generating scores. However, when I launced it today, I noticed that the notes I played on my MIDI keyboard translated to do a different note value in ScoreCloud (e.g. - played D and it translated to D#, played a C scale and it scored it in Ab and had slurs and tied notes outside of the C scale). I reboot my MAC, deleted the application and re-downloaded ScoreCard but got the same results. Can you help?

Comments

• JohanRJohanR Administrator
    Hi!

That sounds super strange.. Is this when you play your MIDI keyboard into the listener and then analyze? Could you play something where this happens and take a screenshot of the contents of the listener and the analyzed song and attach here?

Also, what is the model of the MIDI keyboard?

/ JohanR, ScoreCloud
    ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist
  • I am using a Casio Privia PX-5S keyboard. Attached is a screenshot of me playing a simple C chord.
    png
    png
    Screen Shot 2015-10-12 at 11.07.11 AM.png
    1M
  • I'm sorry, the screenshot is of me playing a simple C scale.
  • Is someone from ScoreCloud ever going to respond?
    Hi!

We have not been able to reproduce this to understand what is wrong. But reading support cases for other MIDI software hints that there might be a problem with input latency.

Could you try different latency values in Preferences -> Audio/MIDI -> Advanced. Does that change anything?

Hope this helps!
    / JohanR, ScoreCloud
  • Thanks. Decreased latency to "1" and it improved slightly, then decided to play with MIDI settings in keyboard. Change Sync Mode from "off" to "master" and it worked!
    That's great! Thank you for sharing the fix!

/ JohanR, ScoreCloud