Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with Twitter

Swing notation?

I've searched to find that to display swing notation, I need to press control + J. But when/how do I do this?? I want to record using my midi keyboard. This is very difficult info to find. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• JohanRJohanR Administrator
    edited October 2015
    Hi!

Swing notation has some issues right now.. At the moment, the only way to get swing notation is to play so that the analysis correctly analyzes your music as being played in swing with triplets. Once you have that, the "Show Swing" checkbox in the "Time/Rhythm" Dialog will be availiable.

So unfortunately you might have to play something a few times to achieve this. When you have a swing document though, you can paste material from other songs.

Here is a song where I recently did this:
    https://my.scorecloud.com/song/25c1776c7c16cf1f46cde3b6fa2bceb0/The-Fisherman’s-Island-from-"Flight-of-the-Termite"-by-Déanta

Swing notation is also inherently harder to edit, so it might be adviced to make edits without showing swing.

This is obviously an area we want to improve going forward!

Hope this helps!
    / JohanR, ScoreCloud
    ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist
  • Ok, thank you! My next question--When I play a piano piece that contains both treble & bass clef notes, the software just puts everything in one clef, usually treble. I am trying to use this with students, so I need both to show properly. I've searched everywhere & the advice seems to be to find an "options" menu, which I cannot find. Could you tell me how to make sure the treble AND bass show up when both are played? Thanks!