Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with Twitter

Writing a non-metered score

I am writing parts for a hymn from our hymnal. every line has 11 eight notes and then a quarter note. There is no time signature. Will Score Cloud let me write a free no time signature score? The best I was able to do was write it in 6/4 but the final quarter note in each line becomes two eights notes tied across the measure. The original hymn doesn't even have measures. Then I really run into problems with the bass clef. It should be quarter, quarter, dotted quarter and it won't let me put in the dotted quarter. Please help. I am suppose to have this written by Wed the 21st for rehearsal.

Comments

• JohanRJohanR Administrator
    edited October 2015
    Hi!

This feature is unfortunately quite hidden in ScoreCloud, but in the bottom bar it says "metrical", if you click this, it will change to "non-metrical" and all time signature information will be hidden from the score.

It can be a little finnicky to insert the whole song in non-metrical mode though, so I would recommend you to add a custom time signature under Time/Rhythm -> Advanced that corresponds with your melody.

For example "1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+2/8" (11 eigths + 1 quarter), or if you want the eigths to be beamed, something like "3+3+3+2+2/8" (three groups of three eights + one group of 2 eights + 1 quarter).

You can also right click in the score and choose "Insert here -> Time change", if you need bars of different length.

Once you have inputted your melody correctly, switch to non-metrical to hide all the time signature information.

Hope this helps!
    / JohanR, ScoreCloud

PNG
    PNG
    non-metrical.PNG
    ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist