Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with Twitter

Rehearsal marks and lyrics bugs?

Hi there,
I'm a relatively new user of ScoreCloud - great software, so maybe it's my newbie status that is causing my problems. The rehearsal marks keep interfering with the chords, even though you can drag them to other positions, they always jump back. Is there a way to change that?
Also, originally I had a second line of lyrics (but decided not to repeat). So I removed the lyrics, but there are still dashes/hyphens on random locations. Any suggestions how I could get rid of them? See screenshot for an example.
I'd be very grateful for your help!
Thanks,
Arnoud
png
png
Schermafbeelding 2015-11-02 om 12.29.02.png

Comments

• JohanRJohanR Administrator
    Hi!

Rehersal marks should not "jump back".. When are they doing that? When you have just moved them, or on some other action?

The lyric dash is also a strange problem. Can you select it and delete it with backspace? If not, if you could send the file we can take a look at why that is happening!

Thanks for the report!
    / JohanR, ScoreCloud
    ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist
  • Hi Johan, thanks for the quick response, really appreciate it. They jump back when I save the file (and/or save them to pdf). Re dash: I am unable to select and delete them. Where can I send the file to?
    edited November 2015
    That's strange.. Send it to support@scorecloud.com, and link to this thread, and we'll look at it!

/ JohanR, ScoreCloud
  • I have this same problem. Was there ever a resolution? I copied the treble clef of a choir piece to add a violin part. When I removed the lyrics, it left dashes that I can't get rid of.
    Okey... Could you open the song, and use the "Report Bug..:" in the help menu, and we'll be able to take a look at it!

Thanks for reporting this!
    / JohanR, ScoreCloud
  • Me too - is there a way to totally remove the lyrics off a part? I copied and pasted a few bars from a vocal part to move up a third for an instrument to play in harmony - firstly there doesn't seem to be a way to copy and paste only the notes without lyrics and chords and secondly when you delete them (is there a quicker way than syllable by syllable?), they leave hyphens behind that can't be got rid of.
    png
    png
    Unwanted hyphens in instrumental parts.png
  • OK, I did manage to select only the notes to copy but that made it even more time consuming because the way to do that is to select each note separately holding down the shift button. No hyphens that way, though!
    Hi!

This seems like both a bug (the left behind hyphens), and a problem with selecting and copying lyrics..

We'll definitely take a look at that!

Thanks for the detailed description.
    / JohanR, ScoreCloud
  • I too wish to copy the notes from several bars without copying the lyrics. And I also am unable to get rid of hyphens left behind after deleting lyrics.