Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with Twitter

Error: “Could not save Song” or “Could not connect due to a network problem”

JohanRJohanR Administrator
edited November 2015 in General
Hi,

We are currently receiving messages from users regarding different kinds of network connection issues.

Here’s how you solve them or help us solving them for you! Hopefully the answer to your question will be found below!

- Errors

"Could not connect due to a network problem" - This means that the program can’t connect to our servers when trying to register, sign in or when starting the software already being logged in.

"Could not save Song" - This means that the program can’t connect to our servers when trying to save a song.

The emergency solution to not lose your song is to force quit ScoreCloud Studio, then your work will still be there the next time you open it. If you quit the normal way and choose “Don’t save” it will not be saved.

- Troubleshooting and solving

We need more info from users to solve these issues. But please first try the following, to exclude some of the known issues:

1. Temporary issue – Restarting the software

Try restarting the software. For ScoreCloud Express, you must force quit the app.

2. Connection – Is the connection working in other programs?

Test the connection in your browser and other programs. If you can, try changing to 3G or a different WiFi. If you are using ScoreCloud Express, download ScoreCloud Studio and see if it works on the same network.

3. Firewalls - Where are you connected?

At home or at work/school? Many networks in schools and work places have firewalls that prevents ScoreCloud and other software from connecting to the internet. Try connecting on your home network and see if this might be the issue.

4. Proxies – Might there be malware?

On Windows, there is an issue where malware changes your proxy settings. I this case the malware needs to be removed from your computer. The check-up is easy, read how to do this here.

- Still not working? Send us a log file!

The log files contain information on what actions have been performed, and in what part of any process ScoreCloud has failed.

Mac:
Press cmd-shift-g ( ⌘-⇧-G) in Finder and paste this:
~/Library/Containers/com.doremir.scorecloud/Data/Library/Logs/

In this folder you’ll find ScoreCloud.log and faudio.log. These files contain information where ScoreCloud has failed. Please attach these in an email to support@scorecloud.com

Win:
Open the "Run" window by pressing the WindowsKey+R and paste this:
%APPDATA%/ScoreCloud

In this folder you’ll find ScoreCloud.log and faudio.log. These files contain information where ScoreCloud has failed. Please attach these in an email to support@scorecloud.com

Thanks for your help, it makes a big difference!

- ScoreCloud
png
png
couldnotsave.png
PNG
PNG
connection-errors.PNG
ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist

Comments

• jmakayjmakay Member
    I have done everything you recommend am waiting for a reply.
  • jmakayjmakay Member
    Any luck on the server issues. I haven't been able to save all weekend. Or it will save and then quickly corrupt. You mention uploading the latest version. What version is this?
  • JohanRJohanR Administrator
    edited April 18
    Hi!

We are continuously working on the servers, and there is a stability issue that might have affected you during the weekend that we are currently trying to solve.

/ JohanR, ScoreCloud
  • jmakayjmakay Member
    Please let us know when you have fixed the problem so that I can begin composing again. Please put out an announcement to all users e-mails about the problem and when it will be corrected as a suggestion. You wouldn't want to lose customers and I was at the brink of unsubscribing. I know it was a holiday so I was patient until your team returned. I lived in Europe for six years and I know nothing ever gets done on a holiday.
  • JohanRJohanR Administrator
    Hi!

The problems have been temporary and thus far have they been fixed 15-20 minutes after they occur, and have occurred a handful of times the last month. Everything is working now. If you have more persistent problems than that it must be in a different part of the client-server communications. We are looking at your logs.

/ JohanR, ScoreCloud
  • ERROR

The request could not be satisfied.

CloudFront attempted to establish a connection with the origin, but either the attempt failed or the origin closed the connection.
    Generated by cloudfront (CloudFront)
    Request ID: whtK-IXbcDSyjZb-aYYiSbPIiPnpr6NnNJVrfMykQ3MXB0z7_iBgFA==
  • I have not been able to save my files to cloud for last two days. Or see my songs on line. What is happening?
    png
    png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 7.24.54 PM.png
  • LeifOLeifO Administrator
    Dear ScoreCloud users

ScoreCloud is having problems with the servers at the moment, which is giving users error messages such as “Could not connect to the server”, “Could not connect due to a network problem”. The problem comes and goes, and we’re working on solving the problem.

No previously saved song is in any danger of being lost, however, there are problems with saving new songs, registering and signing in to user accounts as well as analysing audio.

We are very grateful for all the reports you have sent and the patience you are showing, and once again, we’re working hard to solve the problem and hope to get back to you soon with more info.

All the best
    Leif @ ScoreCloud