Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with Twitter

Exporting To MIDI

Hi!

Recently I tried using the "Export Song As MIDI" function and noticed that articulations like staccato -- which work great in ScoreCloud proper -- don't seem to carry over into the new MIDI file. Grace notes also didn't sound. Is there something I'm doing wrong when making the export, or, if not, could I add these as a feature request? Thanks much as always!

Comments

• JohanRJohanR Administrator
    Hi!

Oh, it seems like some of these playback features are indeed lost on MIDI export. I'll look into why!

/ JohanR, ScoreCloud
    ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist
  • Thanks so much Johan! That's great -- and thanks for responding so swiftly! :-)
  • Hope it's okay to offer one more observation regarding MIDI export. In pieces converted to MIDI from ScoreCloud, the volume of the new MIDI file is quite low. I tried converting a number of snippets, and in each case about half the volume of the original SC file is lost, so the computer needs to be set to the highest volume level to hear the file -- and even then the volume seems below normal range. Having said that, the fault could be my own computer, a MacBookPro from early 2008, so if no one else is experiencing this issue than maybe it's time for a new set-up! :-) Thanks again -
    Paul in NY