Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with Twitter

Trouble With the Beats Above Each Measure

Hi, I hope you are doing well.

I am in the time sig of 6/8 and want to insert a quarter note, then a quarter note, then 2 eighth notes. But, it wants to put a quarter note and an eighth note in the first beat of the measure and a quarter note and eighth note in the second beat of the measure. This is because of the beats above each measure. How do I put the quarter notes in the beginning of the measure and the eighth notes at the end?

Thanks!

Comments

• If I could somehow remove the beats about each measure, then my problem would be solved...
  • Another comment about it: when I add the quarter note it becomes a tie between the first and second beats of the measure. Can I just make that a quarter note without a tie?
  • JohanRJohanR Administrator
    Hi!

You can change the beat division by going into the Time/Rhythm -> Advanced dialog. The default beat division for 6/8 is 3+3/8, you can manually change it to "2+2+2/8" witch is what it sounds like you want. Or even "2+2+1+1/8" or any other combination, to control the beat division and beaming.

You can also use right click the notes and use the "Tie/Keep together" and "Beam" menu items to control this on specific notes!

Hope this helps!
    / JohanR, ScoreCloud
    ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist
  • Thank you so much! It is working great now.