Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with Twitter

Saving Volume Changes

Greetings!

A few days ago I tried to make volume changes to balance several instrumental tracks in a snippet, and discovered that the next time I opened the file none of the changes I thought I had saved were actually preserved. I'm attaching a little snippet to show you what I mean. If you go to the "Voices/Mixer" menu, then click on the mixer and slide the volume dial up or down, pressing the save button doesn't seem to engage the command. The volume changes will sound just fine until the file is closed and reopened.

Relatively speaking I know this is a pretty minor issue but thought maybe it would require just a quick fix to help streamline the software. In any case, after a little experimenting, an easy workaround appeared: First, make whatever volume changes you'd like, and then go ahead and make a different kind of alteration to the score -- even something small like moving a single note up or down will be enough (you can always move it right back afterwards). Once that's done, then next time you press "save", not only will the moved note be preserved but your volume changes will be saved along with it. It's only when you open a file with the sole intent of balancing voices or changing volume that the "save" command doesn't seem work.

Again, I know this is small, but just thought I'd bring it up in case someone else is experiencing the same thing as me! :-)

Paul in NY
scld
scld
Random Notes.scld

Comments

• JohanRJohanR Administrator
    Hi!

Oh that's right, the volume doesn't register as a change, so the save keeps being disabled! That's an oversight on our part, we'll look into fixing that!

And like you said, just edit any other part of the score (move a note up and down again), and the save command will enable, letting you save all the changes.

Thanks!
    / JohanR, ScoreCloud
    ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist
  • No, thank you!
    And best for the holidays & New Year!
  • Hello again!

Just discovered there's one more area which doesn't seem to register as a change when you click "save". This too is accessed from the mixer area: it's the instruments themselves. I was experimenting tonight with trying out different sounds than those initially assigned to a piece I'm working on. There was no problem changing the instruments, only with saving the changes. The same workaround that worked with saving volume changes works fine here too; I just wanted to let you know for future streamlining. Thanks again!
  • JohanRJohanR Administrator
    Yea, we just noticed that too! It will be fixed in the next version. Thanks for the report!
    / JohanR, ScoreCloud
    ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist
  • Absolutely! Thanks for listening :-)