Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with Twitter

Move 1 bar... - (up to the previous page/system)

LiSkyndenLiSkynden Member
edited January 2016 in ScoreCloud Studio
Sorry, i count come up with better title .... how can i fix this (see pic) Get that one stupid bar on the previous page? I mean no-one wants a 3 page sheet and then the 3rd page has one bar.
JPG
JPG
Capture.JPG

Comments

• hmmm... i found a work around: show page margins, and then drag the margins a bit so that the last bar jumps on the previous page.
    JPG
    JPG
    Capture.JPG
  • Hi, You may be able to achieve the same result by using the "system break" feature. Click directly on the final bar line of the bar you'd like to move, then go to the upper right menu and check mark the system break box. The bar should jump to the previous staff system automatically.

Check out this thread for more:
    http://doremir.com/forums/discussion/331/how-can-i-manage-the-length-of-a-barline
  • Thanks, but it doesnt work :( If i click the last bar line, i only get "justify system" which stretches the last bar to full page width. If i press ENTER, it just does the same.
    I also removed the "system break" from the previous bar, but that just dropped the last TWO bars on the 3rd page.

BUT, when i started to ad system breaks in the upper bars, it worked. :D Thanks for this.
  • Oh, sorry about that. I've had pretty good luck with the systems break feature, although I've never tried it where one bar was left all by itself on the last page of a score. I thought it would work as I used it, to supersede the automatic bar spacing and fit a certain number of bars into a system. But again, that was within a single page . . . Apparently it doesn't function the same way across pages. Sorry again! But glad you found a workaround. :-)
  • JohanRJohanR Administrator
    Hi!

The "system break/justify system" is indeed a function that can let you work around most of these problems, although that is not what it was meant to do in the first place :-)

It works by forcing a new line (if there are bars after it), or stretching the system (if there is not). But the program still calculates if the bars will fit on the row or not, and if they won't an automatic break will be inserted between them. In some cases adding manual system breaks, for example every 4 bars, can be useful to control paging.

Great that your problem was solved!
    / JohanR, ScoreCloud
    ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist