Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with Twitter

Simple notes - (tie or keep together across beats)

LiSkyndenLiSkynden Member
edited January 2016 in ScoreCloud Studio
I cant seem to write this simple line of notes: (see pic)
If i try, (darg&drop the notes) i end up with something like 8th rest - dotted 4th note and half rest, and then its impossible to fit the half note in the same bar.
This should not be hard to do, cause i just did that example in other program, so what am i doing wrong?
JPG
JPG
Simple notes.JPG

Comments

• JohanRJohanR Administrator
    Hi!

This is a automatic tie feature (to tie or not to tie across the beats is a big question), you can override the automatic tie by right-clicking on a note and choosing "Tie -> Keep together".

Hope this helps!
    / JohanR, ScoreCloud
    ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist
  • Wow thanks! It was pretty simple now when you explained it. :D It also makes sense now when you said about crossing the beats.
  • Hello!

I red the commentairy of JohanR about ties, but even if I do that, the notes that I want to link still don't link when I hear the composition on ScoreCloud express (I can't hear with my computer). And also, just to be sure, can somebody explains to me what is realy a tie? It's because my mother tongue is French.
    Thanks!
  • PaulPaul Member
    Hi Etienne,

I don't know if this will help you out since I use the Studio version more than Express but here's a thread where I also had questions about using ties in ScoreCloud: http://doremir.com/forums/discussion/329/a-question-about-ties#latest

At the heart of it, Johan included a link regarding the differences between ties and slurs:
    I thought it was a really clear presentation!
  • Thank you realy much Paul for the reference. It's complicated to use an English program when you just know the French words. And know I can put ties in my Scores. Thanks!
  • PaulPaul Member
    Oh you're more than welcome - I'm glad it was helpful to you! Hope you enjoy using ScoreCloud :-). So much luck with it!