Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with Twitter

Repeat Endings

Hello, I am having issues with inserting repeat endings. When I insert a first and second ending, I can move them side to side, but where I want to begin the first ending I can't move it. My repeat is underneath the staff/line where I want to begin the first ending, and when I try to move it up it just creates a huge space between the staffs. Is it possible to move the ending where I need to?
png
png
2016-24-4--16-06-29.png
1M

Comments

• Hopefully the image should show up.
  • JohanRJohanR Administrator
    edited April 2016
    Hi!

This should work just by clicking and dragging the start of the bracket (the "1") up to the previous row. I see now that there is an issue with the preview while dragging so that it looks like it can only move horizontally..

What happens if you try to drag the number on top of the barline on the line above and release? For me, the preview looks strange while dragging, but once I release, it works as intended.

Does that work for you?

We'll take a look at the issue with the preview!

/ JohanR, ScoreCloud
    ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist
  • Thank you for responding so quickly! I've tried both, and the same thing kept happening. It would appear that it was above where I needed it to begin, but then it would create a huge gap between the staffs. Eventually I just started toggling with it and somehow I got it up to where I needed it. I'm not too sure what I did, but it's where I need it to be.
  • Here's what happens:
    png
    png
    ScoreCloud Studio 4_26_2016 8_18_58 PM.png
    1M
    Oh I see.

I think the problem here is that it is unintuitive..

You see, if you hover the horizontal bar of the bracket, the mouse cursor will change to up-down-arrows (↕). Dragging here is used to set the height of the bracket, for example to fit chords beneath etc. This is what it looks like happened in your screenshot.

If you hover the start of the bracket, the mouse cursor will change to left-right-arrows (↔). Dragging here is used to set the start of the repeat ending.

What you want to do is the second action, dragging the start of the repeat ending. This seemingly does only work horizontally, but if you drag to a previous staffline using this action (↔) and release, it should work, even though it might look strange while dragging.

Hope this helps!
    / JohanR, ScoreCloud
  • Yes, that worked. Once I tried messing with it a bit more, I found that that was the problem. When the vertical arrow appeared that was when it would glitch like I showed in the screen-shot, but then I found that I could move it when the horizontal arrows appeared. Thank you so much for the help!
    Thank you for reporting this, and helping us figure it out! :-)

/ JohanR, ScoreCloud