Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with Twitter

faudio.exe stopped working

JohanRJohanR Administrator
This discussion was created from comments split from: Windows 10 upgrade.
ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist

Comments

• DougoDougo Member
    Hi; another windows 10 glitch; I used the report a bug in the program: faudio.exe server has stopped working.
    works fine for short snippets, but anything longer than a few seconds and this error happens, it does not save the snippet, and disables the mic. Looks like you are in for some real work with microsoft on this software for windows 10....
  • DougoDougo Member
    ok... get this error along with the faudio.exe stopping:

Could not load C:\Users\Doug\AppData\Roaming\ScoreCloud\recordings\a93d95ab94faba2972f8b656e83c6245-48000.0D0-mono
  • DougoDougo Member
    edited May 2016
    windows 10 pro; amd phenom II x6 1090t processor 3.2 ghz, 24 gb mem, 64 bit operationg system, x64 based processor, nvidia geforce gtx 960 video card...
  • JohanRJohanR Administrator
    edited May 2016
    Hi!

This is new.. Thank you for this report!

We'll to investigate this! If you use the Help menu -> Report Bug to send us a report, this should include all the log data we need.

We're on it!
    / JohanR, ScoreCloud
  • DougoDougo Member
    any word on what happened with the crash?
    Hi!

Yes, this is an issue related to the amount of data being sent to the faudio audio engine. This issue has been fixed now, and will be included in a update soon.

If you are running ScoreCloud Studio 3.5 on Windows, you can go to the download page and manually download version 3.5.1 that should include the fix for this! Otherwise, the fix will be pushed to you via the automatic program updates.

/ JohanR, ScoreCloud
  • DougoDougo Member
    You are awesome!!!
  • DougoDougo Member
    I downloaded and reinstalled the program. same result. I must have already had the new one.
  • DougoDougo Member
    so, Help! again.
  • DougoDougo Member
    Hi Johan; any word on the glitch?
    Hi! We're trying to figure this out. But could you double-check in the Help menu -> About ScoreCloud, what version you are running?

/ JohanR, ScoreCloud
  • DougoDougo Member
    version 3.5.1

sorry for not getting back to you sooner. hectic here.
  • Hi, I am also having the same problem, I wasn't able to send a bug report as it kept crashing, I sent an email with content from your launch space on your home page.

I am really interested on if this fix is available and if it would help me with my audio problem. I am also running 3.5., this is where I am having the audio recording problem where fauido exe message keeps popping up

Hmmm

Thank you.
    edited June 2016
    Hi!

We have gathered more info about this error now, and are going through it! We hope to find a fix soon!

Thanks for reporting, both here and from inside the program!

/ JohanR
  • DougoDougo Member
    great to know you are hard at work on the problelm. thank you for your hard work.
    edited June 2016
    (y)

Also, new people with the same problem, please report this using the Report Bug feature in the Help menu. It helps a lot to have more examples of when this happens!

/ JohanR, ScoreCloud
    Hello!

We are currently testing a new version of the program that we will release if the testing goes well!

Feel free to download this installer and try it out, and see if it solves your issues!

http://download.scorecloud.com/ScoreCloud-Win-352.exe

Thank you for helping us out!
    / JohanR, ScoreCloud
  • 3.5.2 isn't giving me the error so far. Thanks for the fix :)
  • Stopped working on mine, too. Tried the fix. Still not working.
    Hi!

A new version, ScoreCloud Studio 3.5.3, is now released! The updater inside the program should get the update soon. You can also download the new version manually from the website:

http://scorecloud.com/download/

Please let us know if you're still having issues with the new version!

Regards
    / JohanR, ScoreCloud