Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with Twitter

get "error executing parallel tasks" when trying to analyze recording from microphone

marp68marp68 Member
edited June 2016 in ScoreCloud Studio
Hi
I'm totally new to this digital scoring, but found it very interesting if I can get it to work.

I'm trying to set up the program and computer to record from, at first, the built in microphone (like when using for example Skype). Just to see it's working. Then I intend to use a better mic. After recording I press the analyze button and then get the message "Could not analyze recording - error executing parallel tasks". I also wondering if I shouldn't see a recording level meter that registrates the test sound I'm doing.

I have an Asus Zenbook with Win10.

Thanks
Martin

Comments

• JohanRJohanR Administrator
    Hi!

That's no good.. You should see a level meter in the recording dialog. Could you open the program and click the "Report a bug" option in the Help menu. That will send us your log files so that we can look into this. We have seen some strange behavior on Windows 10 (it's still pretty new, and things are changing).

Thanks for reporting this!

/ JohanR, ScoreCloud
    ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist
  • marp68marp68 Member
    okej, will do
  • marp68marp68 Member
    hmmm, could not send bug report. Message "Det gick inte att skicka pa ett nätverksproblem" (Not possible to send due to networkporblem). Strange since I'm using the network right now.
  • marp68marp68 Member
    Now it worked to send the bug report. I had to restart the program. Strange.
  • marp68marp68 Member
    edited June 2016
    Just want to add that first I had trouble with the audio drivers for input/output. Error message about 44100 and 48000 not matching. Windows WASAPI microphone seems to have been the problem. But after selecting ASIO 4 ALL v2 for both input/output, I didnt get the error message and I could at least start the recorder. Don't know if that helps. Would love to be able to create melodies on the violin and have them more easily transcribed, since I'm still learning musical theory and how to transcribe manually. Is there something I could try while waiting for further assistance?
  • marp68marp68 Member
    It works to record the virtual piano though

I installed the latest version that says Win7 and later. This time I tried with an external mic through mic line in, but get the same error code as with built in mic. I play the violin, so I really need the recording through microphone option to to work.

Anyone who has some thoughts about things I could try?

Thanks
    Martin
  • marp68marp68 Member
    I think I've solved it. I followed the instructions in this thread http://doremir.com/forums/discussion/147/no-audio-output-on-windows-work-around/p1. Will explore it more and get back with comments.
    Oh, that's great! Thank you for reporting that!

/ JohanR, ScoreCloud
  • I'm having the same problem, but I'm on a Mac, so it can't be solved the same way. What should I do?
    Hi!

Please use the "Report a bug" feature in the Help menu. This will send us the system info we need to look into this.

Thanks for reporting!
  • error executing paralles tasks using my midi to record and thus write. tried to use the bug feature system would not let me. hurry and give remedy I want to write
  • By the way tried what marp68 suggested no luck.