Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with Twitter

why okej record voice but not violin?

marp68marp68 Member
edited June 2016 in ScoreCloud Studio
Thought I had it working... But why does it record voice without errors but not the violin?

When recording voice I get the scores etc.

But I get two messages when hitting the Stop button after recording the the violin. The first is that "faudio-server.exe stopped working" and the second that "Could not load
C:\Users\Martin_2\AppData\Roaming\ScoreCloud\recordings\ebce60fae6c31659288811e9ccf0b47c-44100.0D0-mono

Win10

Comments

• JohanRJohanR Administrator
    Hi!

There should be no difference in what you record... Could it be that you are recording longer pieces on the violin? Could you try making two short recordings of the same length with both violin and voice, and see if you see any difference?

If you couls also click the "Report bug...", this will send us the error logs and we can investigate!

Thanks for reporting!
    / JohanR, ScoreCloud
    ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist
  • marp68marp68 Member
    edited June 2016
    I have now tried a bit more with the same recording time and several times with many different results and without no real pattern for why it work or not. It works sometimes to record the violin, somtimes not. Doesn't seem to be recording time related. Recordin the voice still works all the times, even longer time. Sometimes it works to record to the violin for 10 s to 1 minute, but sometimes not. Really strange. Could it be that violin generally is more difficult than voice for the software to handle? And that sometimes different ways of playing the violin seems easy enough to handle, but sometimes not? SOmetimes I get the message that the sound stopped working, asking me to restart sound.

Btw, can I write in Swedish when sending bug reports?
  • JohanRJohanR Administrator
    Hi!

Yes, violin can be harder to interpret than voice, it mostly comes down to how clear the start and ending of each note is and violin can be diffuse.

But the error you describe in your first post is an audio system error, and not an analysis error, so the content of the audio should not matter.. Are you getting that same error message in these newer tries?

Yes, Swedish works for bug reports and emails :-)

Thanks for helping us figure things out!
    / JohanR, ScoreCloud
    ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist
  • marp68marp68 Member
    I do get a recording of the violin and can both play the sound, get the notes above and analyze it for score chart paper. Sometimes I can record the sound and the actual audio is visible, but with no notes above. And I get the error that sound is not working, so I have to press yes to restart the sound. Then I can at least play the sound. But no notes above and there is no notes to analyze. And the third scenario is the message that "faudio-server.exe stopped working" and sometimes I also get the message that "Could not load
    C:\Users\Martin_2\AppData\Roaming\ScoreCloud\recordings\ebce60fae6c31659288811e9ccf0b47c-44100.0D0-mono
    I will do some more structural testing when I have the time. Do you sit at KTH? I'm living in Stockholm as well.