Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with Twitter

Several issues

Hello!

I've been using the software for a few months now, and I can say I absolutely love it! It's extremely easy and intuitive to use, and the learning curve is pretty much nonexistent. However, I have a few issues I need some help with:

1) Repeat endings: I've been reading the discussions and it seems to be pretty straightforward to add repeat endings to the score, yet on this piece I can't seem to make it work:

https://my.scorecloud.com/song/824ed1b9ca1368aefd01cf194e93588b

The second repeat ending starting at measure 10 works fine, but the first one, after doing it correctly the first time around, goes back to play measures 2 through 7 one third time before continuing on to 9... As far as I know my notation is correct, or am I missing something?

2) Ties: tied notes work fine in the Studio software on my computer, but they don't work (they play as two separate notes) both on the phone app, and on the web link. You can check this in beats 3 and 6 on the link I sent

3) The phone app shows weird icons such as snakes and bears randomly, I'm attaching a picture:

4) Changing time/rythm: Not sure how to say this in English, but I'd like to be able to change from, for example, 6/8 to 9/8 back and forth throughout the song, is this possible? When I try to do it, it only gives me the option to change the whole song.

5) Sharing files: I'm in a choir, where most of the members can't read music. The reason I'm using ScoreCloud is so I can transcribe my voice, contralto, and share it with the rest of the girls so they get an exact rendition of the pitch and beat so they can practice home. Now the sopranos are jealous, and would like to do the same for their voice. It would be extremely easier for them to get my file and modify it to adjust to theirs, rather than start from scratch, since there is an enormous overlap in terms of measures, lyrics, etc. Is it possible for me to send the file to another user, so they can save it on their computer and create the new voice from there?

6) Turning voices on/off: this is related to the previous question. When I use the main software, it's easy to create two separate voices, and then, using the voices/mixer feature, play them either together or separately. Now, when I share them over the web link, they can only be played together. So, assuming I take one for the team, and agree to transcribe both the soprano and contralto voices, is there a way I can keep them together in just one file, but send different links to each voice, without having to go through the mess of saving the file three times (one combined, one with contralto and one with soprano)? I can't find a voices switch on the web version.

7) copy/paste: When I copy then paste a part of the song, the notes and the lyrics copy/paste well, but not the rest such as hairpins, dynamics, etc. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or whether this is just not supported.

8) Shortcut to adding ties: I absolutely love how easy and fast it is to add notes to the score using the keyboard, I'm not a big mouse user. Yet, I can't find a way to tie one note to the next using only the keyboard? I have lots and lots of tied notes, this would considerably save me time.

I think this is all I have for now. Thank you so much for such a fantastic software!!

Regards

Teresa
PNG
PNG
IMG_1840.PNG

Comments

• JohanRJohanR Administrator
    edited June 2016
    Hi!

Thank you so much for the kind words, and for taking the time to explain your issues! This helps us a lot in the development!

I'll try to answer all your points above!

1) This seems like a bug! We'll have to investigate it further and return to you. It doesn't look like you've done anything wrong.

2) The reason for this is that we have tried to simplify the difference between the tie and the slur (as discussed in this thread) by treating a slur between two notes of the same pitch as a tie. This new feature is not yet implemented in the mobile or the web. You can fix this by replacing your slurs with ties, just right click it and choose "Convert to tie".

3) Yes, this is a problem with the notation font, and the phone replacing symbols with emojis. We're looking into this.

4) This can be done by right-clicking on a beat or a barline and choosing "Insert here -> Time Change".

5) We're slowly but surely improving the sharing features, but you can "Clone" a song by clicking the little "Actions" bar on the song info box above the player on the web version of a score. This will create an independent copy of your song on their account. With a PRO plan you can save the file to disk and email it over (you don't require PRO to open local files, just to save them).

6) We're working on being able to play just certain voices in the web version, but it is not finished yet, unfortunately. Soon we hope!

7) Thank you for bringing this up! It seems like an oversight. Would you benefit from a Paste option where you can select what parts of the selection should be copied, or do you always want to copy everything?

8) Ties can be added by selecting the first note and pressing 't' (and slurs by pressing 's').

There! Phew :-)

Please ask again if something is unclear!

/ JohanR, ScoreCloud
    ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist