Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with Twitter

Bars per line

Hello! I would like to have 4 bars in each line. Now it´s 5... is it possible?

Comments

• JohanRJohanR Administrator
    Hi!

This can be done by selecting the barline and checking the "Justify System" checkbox in the Actions Panel to the right (or pressing the Return key).

Hope this helps!
    / JohanR, ScoreCloud
    ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist
  • AnnBurgessAnnBurgess Member
    edited June 2016
    Supposing I want 6 rather than 5? How can I force that to work every time? And supposing I just want my music to avoid page turns rather than appear beautifully spaced out? So often I just can't quite get those last two bars to fit onto the previous page even though I wouldn't mind having the music looking rather congested.
    edited June 2016
    Hi!

You can use the justify on the second barline of the next system to push it up to the previous system, if it will fit.

It is not possible to force too many bars onto the same system, this is because the collision detection and spacing calculations will not be able to assign enough pixels for each object.

Hope this helps!
    / JohanR, ScoreCloud
  • AnnBurgessAnnBurgess Member
    edited July 2016
    I guess we need some kind of option to minimise the spaces then. I really don't mind squashed up notes and words in a performance situation if it means less page turns. The worst situation is when you have just a solitary line on the last page with a repeat so that you have to keep turning backwards and forwards. Since I do much of my playing from an iPad, this is critical as I can't sellotape seven pages together any more!
    Thanks for this feedback!

We will look at the limits of this, and see if we can make it squishier!

/ JohanR, ScoreCloud