Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with Twitter

Chords Repeat in Playback

austonbevinsaustonbevins Member
edited July 2016 in ScoreCloud Express
Hello,

I've searched and searched for some sort of solution to my problem, but haven't been able to find anything. I'll try my best to explain the issue.

I've been using the Chord tool, which is extremely convenient. However, when I playback the song, chords play where they aren't written. In every measure where there isn't a chord specified for beat 1, it will play the chord from the previous measure, even though there is nothing written there.

It doesn't effect me being able to read the music, but it makes playing back the song very difficult because what is being played is not accurate to what is written.

I've only been using this software for a few days, so I'm really hoping this is a simple fix buried in some setting menu. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks!

Comments

• JohanRJohanR Administrator
    Hi!

Yes, this is an issue due to the "Backing Styles" in ScoreCloud.

We are working on this to include a backing style that doesn't play on every bar. In the meanwhile, you can add an unplayable character (like a dot or an 'x') as the chord on the first beat. When the program doesn't understand the chord, it gets silent.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
    / JohanR, ScoreCloud
    ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist