Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with Twitter

Adding rests -- moving bar lines

Hi, I recorded audio and need to add 2.5 beats of rest before the notes begin. How do I do this?

Another way of saying this - I need to move the entire recording forward 2.5 beats (thus changing the bar lines for the entire song). How can I add these notes and move the bar lines?

Comments

• And is this possible in the middle of a song as well?

For example, what if I counted wrong when recording and need to add a 1 beat rest in the middle of a current measure (thus pushing everything past that note forward 1 beat)?
  • Ok actually I may have found it for the beginning of the song (using the "Pickup" button).
  • JohanRJohanR Administrator
    Hi!

Great that you found it! Yes, for the entire song, this is usually done with the "Pickup" button in the toolbar. We call this "metrical shift" or "shift metrical phase" internally.

Another way is to select a region of notes, beats or bars, and use Cut (ctrl-X), and then selecting another beat and pasting.

Dragging barlines is also a feature in ScoreCloud, but as default that is used to correct rhythm mistakes in the analysis, and will re-analyze the song from that point forward. But holding shift and dragging the barline will actually do the "metrical shift" that you are looking for!

Hope this helps!
    / JohanR, ScoreCloud
    ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist