Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with Twitter

Grace notes

MrSmithMrSmith Member
edited March 2013 in ScoreCloud Express
Hi,
thanks for the great product - truely amazing!
Is it possible to draw grace notes (appoggiatura or an acciaccatura)?
If not, maybe a posibility for relase 6.3 ;) (Just a thought)
thanks again
Martin

Comments

• SvenASvenA Administrator
    Dear Martin,
    Glad that you like it thanks for your suggestion! Yes, you are right, draw grace-notes is something that is missing and will be included in future upgrades. (It is actually possible to play them and get them there if you use punch-in recording, but it requires both skill and some luck ;-))
    Best regards
    Sven A
  • Thank you for adding the grace note improvements! I was thrilled to see the added capabilities in version 3.2. and was actually compiling some suggestions about them when you came out so quickly with 3.3 and made my notes obsolete! Love all these updates. You promise; You deliver. You guys are terrific!!!
  • dwavedwave Member
    Hi Paul,

Could you please advise on how I can add grace notes (or "acciaccatura"?). I can't find the way to do that...I'm using ScoreCloud version 3.3.

Thank you very much indeed for your help!

Davide
  • JohanRJohanR Administrator
    edited March 2015
    Hi!

Grace notes are created by right clicking a note and choosing "Grace Notes -> Add Grace Note Before".

You can also convert one or more existing notes to grace notes by choosing "Convert to Grace Note" from the same menu (or by selecting the note(s) and pressing G on you keyboard).

Once you have a grace note, you can choose appoggiatura or acciaccatura from the Actions Panel, and change its pitch by dragging the note or using the up/down arrow keys.

Hope this helps!
    / JohanR, ScoreCloud
    ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist
  • LeifOLeifO Administrator
    edited March 2015
    You can also select a note and press Shift+G to add grace notes before.
  • PaulPaul Member
    Hi Davide,

I'm sorry I didn't see your message sooner or I would certainly have responded to it and passed on what I know. However you couldn't do better than straight from the source with Johan and Leif :-D! I'm glad you raised those questions, because I hadn't known that you could actually choose between appoggiatura or acciaccatura, or the Shift+G shortcut. Very cool!
  • Hey, how do i change a grace not to a normal note?
  • LeifOLeifO Administrator
    Hello Li,

It is unfortunately not possible to change a grace not to a normal note. However, here's a feature that might come in handy!

Select a note, hit Ctrl+Alt+number key to divide selected note into they same number of parts. For example a selected 4th, using Ctrl+Alt+3 will become a triplet of 8ths.
  • [quote]Select a note, hit Ctrl+Alt+number key to divide selected note into they same number of parts. For example a selected 4th, using Ctrl+Alt+3 will become a triplet of 8ths. [/quote]
    Great tip! Thanks!