Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with Twitter

Resizing work

How does one go about resizing measures and notes to fit more music on one page?

Comments

• JohanRJohanR Administrator
    Hi!

Staff scaling is a feature we're working on, but it is not available yet. You can squeeze in a few extra bars into each line by making a system break. Breaking after the first or second bar of the next line will nudge the bars up to the previous line, if they fit.

Hope this helps!
    / JohanR
    ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist
  • Hi Crix & Johan, I'm in the same boat. I SHOW MARGINS and drag them wider, I suppose doing PAGE SETUP to 96%, 93% etc.. would do the same thing, but it REALLY should be easier.

I tried what you said Johan, adding system break but nothing got any better - in fact a bunch of stuff went beyond the margin in the line above!

I guess resizing note-heads will be another question but for optional notes it's great. See the attached, the 1 last bar won't fit on the page! When I change margins then it's in the middle of the staff!

Not complaining though. Great software, nice MIDI sounds and such and I'm enjoying Scorecloud too much! ;) Thanks for hearing me out.
    -Gnome
    scld
    scld
    Rosamonde V11a.scld
  • JohanRJohanR Administrator
    edited August 2015
    Hi!

Yes, I see. When the previous system is already too full to accommodate more measures, it will not move up.

I found a row in your score that could fit another bar, though! If you add a manual system break on the barline between measure 48 and 49, measure 48 will move up one system, and all following systems will follow, moving your last bar up onto page 3!

Hope this helps, until we are done with the scaling!
    / JohanR, ScoreCloud
    ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist
  • Hey you are a SUUUPER buddy Johan! I've made more (dang it!) corrections to the score and it now has of course different problems, but not that one any more. I still really like ScoreCloud a lot, and these forums are a godsend for finding tricks and techniques! Doremir get a thumbs up in my view! THANKS GOOGOLS ALL!
    Gnome