Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trouble With the Beats Above Each Measure

Hi, I hope you are doing well.

I am in the time sig of 6/8 and want to insert a quarter note, then a quarter note, then 2 eighth notes. But, it wants to put a quarter note and an eighth note in the first beat of the measure and a quarter note and eighth note in the second beat of the measure. This is because of the beats above each measure. How do I put the quarter notes in the beginning of the measure and the eighth notes at the end?

Thanks!

Comments

• If I could somehow remove the beats about each measure, then my problem would be solved...
  • Another comment about it: when I add the quarter note it becomes a tie between the first and second beats of the measure. Can I just make that a quarter note without a tie?
  • JohanRJohanR Administrator
    Hi!

You can change the beat division by going into the Time/Rhythm -> Advanced dialog. The default beat division for 6/8 is 3+3/8, you can manually change it to "2+2+2/8" witch is what it sounds like you want. Or even "2+2+1+1/8" or any other combination, to control the beat division and beaming.

You can also use right click the notes and use the "Tie/Keep together" and "Beam" menu items to control this on specific notes!

Hope this helps!
    / JohanR, ScoreCloud
    ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist
  • Thank you so much! It is working great now.