External bluetooth speakers

How do I get it to use my external bluetooth speakers? They are working with my browser, but ScoreCloud doesn't use them.

Comments

• I figured it out. The bluetooth speakers must be active before starting Scorecloud. It will not recognize the speakers if they are turned on while Scorecloud is already running.
  • JohanNJohanN Administrator
    edited February 2019
    Great that you solved it!

With the speakers it is indeed helpful to activate the speakers before starting the program if the ScoreCloud audio setting is set to default. Otherwise make sure to sync your computers general setting with the ScoreCloud setting.

Hope this addition will be helpful!
    Johan N, ScoreCloud Support
    /Johan Nilsson, ScoreCloud Support
  • zoominzoomin Member
    The bluetooth speakers must be active before starting Scorecloud. It will not recognize the speakers if they are turned on while Scorecloud is already running
    Good luck
  • No, it didn't solve it for me. My UE Boom bluetooth speaker is still working for my Mac but not for ScoreCloud, even after restarting the app. I need this to work because my Mac has developed a horrible crackle on the sound system. Yes, I've tried matching sample rates in the Audio Devices panel but no suggestion has worked yet. I thought an external bluetooth speaker would do the trick.
  • Solved it!
    ScoreCloud is set to ignore any system wide settings for sound, so I can have my bluetooth speaker going with the Music app and then start playing a ScoreCloud piece and the sound will come out of my laptop speakers at the same time as the music coming from the external speaker.
    It occurred to me that I hadn't tried to direct the output from the application itself, so I opened up the ScoreCloud preferences from the ScoreCloud menu. I looked in Playback and found nothing, General and found nothing - and then noticed the the option between them was not just MIDI but Audio/MIDI. And there it was - ScoreCloud's own audio output selector.
    The results, coming from a laptop that has developed the infamous Apple Crackle problem, were not quite as good as I had hoped. But the crackle was much reduced. I have to say that this is my second brand new laptop in a rather short space of time, and I have had the problem on both laptops. The first six months were perfect; then the crackle suddenly started when using ScoreCloud one day. Two weeks later it had disappeared again; and now, it has suddenly got it worse than ever. Thankfully it is almost eliminated with the bluetooth speaker - but so many people have complained about this problem it really is about time Apple addressed it and found the source of the problem - and a fix!