Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Phrase marks

I’m having difficulty adding phrase marks over the bar line. For example, I can add a slur over one measure, but it won’t let me do it over two measures. I have tried highlighting the two measures and then go under “add more” and clicked the slur, and it will continue to only do one measure. I’ve also tried to drag/extend the slur by clicking on the end of it and going across to the next measure, and that won’t work either. I’ve looked at several tutorials and I’ve read many articles including the manual and nothing seems to be working.

Comments

• JohanNJohanN Administrator
    Hi Micaal!

What comes to my mind is that you can check if it's the same voice? If you go to voice/mixer you can see if the voice is the same for the next bar or if it's two separate voices. This might cause the issue.

Please let us know how it goes for you.

/Johan N, ScoreCloud Support
  • micaalmicaal Member
    That worked! I didn’t realize I had so many voices. I actually had six, when I only needed two- One for right hand and one for left hand piano. That would explain a few other issues I had with Stems, etc.. I had to do a little editing once I changed it, but that really helped. On another note, do you know how to indicate Rolled chords?. I’m talking about the squiggle that goes on the side of the chords. All I’ve managed to do is just add the word “rolled” and an arrow up.
    Great to hear that it helped! :)

I'm not sure what you are referring to but I guess you mean arpeggio? This is a feature that is planned to be implemented in the second next update.

Hope this answer your question.
    /Johan N, ScoreCloud support
  • micaalmicaal Member
    It's not an arpeggio. It's a squiggle that goes on the left side of a solid/blocked piano chord and to play it you "roll" it or play a broken chord quickly usually from bottom to top note. You write the chord as a solid chord, and then a vertical squiggle would go on the left side of the chord, equal to the height of the chord.
    Do you refer to any of these symbols?
    Skärmavbild 2019-05-31 kl. 08.10.29.png
    394 x 248 - 23K