Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Doesn't recognise the keyboard

Hello.

I have a Yamaha, brand new this year, and SC version 4.3.3 doesn't seem to notice it. I've tried the MIDI leads (which worked with my previous Yamaha perfectly well) both ways around, in various USB sockets on the PC, and it just doesn't recognise it. Am I doing something wrong?

Comments

• JohanNJohanN Administrator
    Hi!

Ok. Have you watched this video? Maybe this could be helpful? https://scorecloud.com/support/manual/#Audio_Setup
    /Johan Nilsson, ScoreCloud Support
  • Thanks. Comparing my screen view (on Windows 7) with the one in the video suggests I don't have any audio input: the status light is yellow rather than green. But as I say it worked fine with my previous keyboard and nothing on the PC has changed. The new keyboard is a Yamaha PSR S975 - is there any history of compatibility problems matching this machine to SC 4.3.3 (which I've also uninstalled and reinstalled tonight, to no avail)? Or, more worryingly, a fault on the keyboard itself?
  • JohanNJohanN Administrator
    Hi!

Ok. Not what I am aware of. If it worked with your other keyboard it sounds like it could possibly be the new one though. Have you looked into your computer's midi-settings? Or if there is possibly a driver problem? Make sure to match the input and output setting on your computer and in SC. The input and output should be the same.

Please keep us updated.
    /Johan N, ScoreCloud Support
    /Johan Nilsson, ScoreCloud Support